BJ-Gear A/S works closely with companies within the energy sector. We offer our contribution to innovative, sturdy and simple solutions for everything from wind turbines to power plants.
Focusing on energy through quality and innovation
Denmark has a strong position within development and manufacturing of wind turbines and other renewable energy solutions. Since 1980 BJ-Gear A/S has worked closely with companies within the Energy Sector based on the ability to make simple, sturdy and innovative solutions to complex tasks. We have delivered products for wind energy plants, power plants, oil, gas, heat, wave, hydro power etc. We also supply to a variety of companies providing production and handling equipment to the wind industry.
We have extensive knowledge of materials, key technologies and surface techniques which have great importance for achieving the best result. We can also ensure the shortest possible path from development to the finished product through a quick delivery of prototypes.
Our know-how combined with a flexible product range of standard solutions, adapted solutions and special solutions are the major criterias for the Energy Sector to choose us as a partner.
BJ-Gear's strengths comprise:
- Innovative engineering using 3D CAD, FEM/FEA, dedicated calculation softwares and risk assessment through FMEA/PPAP and control plans.
- Considerable knowledge of materials and general knowledge of key technologies within the market.
- Wide standard range of gearboxes, actuators, motors, brakes, encoders, couplings etc. for quick delivery.
- High competence in product adaptation and development of special products, even in smaller numbers.
- High quality, compact design, low weight in relation to performance, low noise level, reliable technology etc.
- High degree of process control during manufacturing of components and products.
- Replacement products and spare part guarantee throughout the equipment life.
- Certified according to DS/EN ISO 9001:2015 og DS/EN ISO 14001:2015.
Case: Gearboxes and couplings used to extract wave energy
The Danish wave energy company, Crestwing, is working to extract energy from waves. Gearboxes and couplings from BJ-Gear A/S are installed in the engine room of their wave energy plant, Tordenskiold.